Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Student Teaching Blog #8

I think my professional development will evolve throughout my career as an art educator. My focus currently resides on the foundation that I am building for myself. At the moment, I am trying to really tune into my interactions with students. I continue to be reflective and often as my cooperating teacher if I was clear about my expectations for a project and if I presented ideas in a fluid and understandable manner. Daily, I experience new situations that require attention in new ways and from different angles and approaches than the ones which I am more familiar. I think my professional development as an art educator is vital to my ability to be consistent in my teaching. It will also enhance my ability to be more resourceful and quick to solutions when solving problems.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks! You will find a plethora of professional development opportunities both geared toward education and art. AEA's, local institutions, and even art centers are sometime able to offer re-certification credits.

    ReplyDelete