Sunday, April 3, 2011

Student Teaching Post # 10

I have had the opportunity to utilize technology much more during my secondary placement. The art classroom is equipped with a projector and an Elmo. I created PowerPoint presentations to introduce three new lessons. These presentations gave me the opportunity to provide a visual for my students and present the project outlines as well as show artwork from our anchoring artists. I also showed a 20 minute educational DVD about masks for 3D Design. The Elmo is very helpful when giving demonstrations to students. I used Adobe Photoshop to create artwork labels for students when exhibiting their artwork. I also used it when creating handouts and project outlines. I hope to continue all of these uses of technology in my future art classroom. I will take advantage of technology to help students with disabilities. I hope to have a Smart Board in my art classroom as well. This will give me the opportunity to use technology as a more interactive tool to support students learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment