Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Student Teaching Post #11

I think support will be very important for me in order to jump into my first teaching job. I hope to have support from a variety of people such as the principal, my mentoring teacher and other teachers at the school as well. I will continue my communication with my cooperating teachers that I student taught with so I can have support in my subject area. I also aim to communicate with other art educators in the school and the district. I expect that it will be very important for me to do a lot of listening and observing of how the school flows and how they go about education. I am sure that I will have many questions and hope that my mentor teacher can guide me. I definitely believe that it is important to connect with all of the staff at the school and get to know the school as a whole. Touching base with all the staff will help me keep those line of support open.

1 comment:

  1. I think you are right on target with getting support from the principal. From what I've noticed, you want them on your side, especially during budget cut season.

    ReplyDelete