Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Student Teaching Blog #4

Respect is a big factor in classroom rules. It is vital that students respect each other. I want my classroom to be an environment where my students ALL feel comfortable expressing their ideas. It is important that students are quiet when another student is talking or if I am talking. I hope to incorporate efficient systems to manage materials. I need to set rules regarding the cleaning, storage, and disposal of numerous materials. There will be certain rules that are always in place, however, somethings may have to fluctuate depending on the art project and materials involved. I need to be very clear on these rules and vocalize them to students. It is important that students respect the materials that they use. This is important for safety and future use of materials, especially if there is a tight budget. I think it is vital to have art materials in an accessible space for students - as well as organized so students have easy access to materials. In order to facilitate a positive art making experience, students need to be able to have access to materials and feel welcome in their environment. I plan on having my walls filled with explanatory posters, art, and much more. I think a warm and welcoming physical space is an aspect of creating a positive environment.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing Colleen! The management and safety of materials is an important aspect of setting your expectations and one that employers will be happy to hear that you do no overlook.

    ReplyDelete