Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Student Teaching Post #5

I feel that it is imperative that we employ contemporary culture into our art lesson plans. I really love to brows through Art Education magazines - Many of the lessons are things that teachers are currently having success with in their classroom. If I don't want to follow the entire lesson, it's a great way to spark ideas and give me a jumping off point when I want to try something new. I love the Art 21 videos - although some content may not be appropriate for even the high school level, many of the artists pieces can be shown. I recently went to the PBS website for Art 21 and ordered the teaching manuals for FREE. They are great too! They can help cushion you into introducing contemporary art and all the elements it includes. I also enjoy the Scholastic Art issues - I love to read them myself. I would love to offer this magazine to my students! Current events can be another source of inspiration for art projects. It is important for students to be a part of and react to/interact with what is going on in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment